Dundee 1
Dunfermline Athletic 1
League (Division One)

1 - 1

League (Division One)
Saturday, November 8th, 1969
Dens Park
Attendance: 7,000
3:00 PM Kick-off

Gordon Wallace (23)
Cowan (77)

Team Managers
John Prentice

Starting Eleven
1. Ally Donaldson
2. Bobby Wilson
3. Davie Swan
4. Steve Murray
5. Jim Easton
6. Ron Selway
7. Billy Campbell
8. Joe Gilroy
9. Gordon Wallace
10. Jocky Scott
11. Alex Kinninmonth

12. Doug Houston

None. Cowan for McKimmie (65)

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

T. Marshall (Glasgow) (Referee)

Match Report

This match has no report.

Squad Statistics (as at November 8th, 1969)

1969-70 All Time
Ally Donaldson (GK)25 18 - 182 -
Jim Easton29 1 - 1681
Davie Swan - 9 - 41 -
Bobby Wilson26 1711434
Ron Selway - 8 - 27 -
Steve Murray25 18222420
Billy Campbell25 13113023
Alex Kinninmonth - 12 - 8012
Jocky Scott21 16513649
Joe Gilroy29 1654111
Gordon Wallace26 8585

League Table (as at November 8th, 1969)

No league table has been added for this season.

Manager's Programme Notes

Dundee are the first to have a go. Straight away Steve Murray sent in a high drive which Martin clutched confidently. Then Joe Gilroy met a Campbell cross with his head. The ball went a shade wide.

In the fifth minute Wallace went close. He beat McGarty twice within a few yards before sending a low shot speeding past the advancing Martin and the post!

After this initial thrust, Dunfermline began to advance. Dundonian McKimmie had a very good effort, which made Donaldson dive side ways to save brilliantly.

It was fast exciting stuff. Donaldson had two more fine saves from Gardner and Edwards before John. Scott went on a typical run, leaving several Dunfermline players stranded in the process. He passed to Kinninmonth, but an interception pulled. up the return pass.

Dundee were dictating the play at this stage and it was no surprise when in the 23rd minute Gordon Wallace cracked the ball home from 20 yards. It was well deserved, for Gordon was unlucky a minute earlier to beat Martin all ends up-and see John Lunn pop up from nowhere to clear off the line.

Play was more even after this and both sides went close just on the interval.

Dundee restarted with some brilliant play in midfield, but they found the Dunfermline defence a real tower of strength. The Fifers were quite good breaking from defence, however, and Gardner almost scored with a great shot that was only inches over the bar.

By and large, Dundee were on top. In the 65th minute, Cowan substituted for McKimmie. Twelve minutes later the move paid, just when Dundee looked like adding to their lead! A low ball down the middle caught Dundee defenders on the hop. Cowan cottoned on to the ball and gave Donaldson no chance.

Dundee went straight on to the attack once again and the Dunferm line defence was put through the mill. But with Doug Baillie the anchor, the Fifers stood firm. Just before the end the big lad, injured in a "do or die" tackle, had to go on the wing.