Dundee 3
Ross County 0
Scottish Cup (4th Round Replay)

3 - 0
Ross County 

Scottish Cup (4th Round Replay)
Tuesday, February 17th, 1998
Dens Park
Attendance: 4,307
3:00 PM Kick-off

Eddie Annand (50)
Robbie Raeside (53)
Eddie Annand (77)

Team Managers
Jocky Scott
Neal Cooper

Starting Eleven
1. Robert Douglas
2. Barry Smith
3. Brian Irvine
4. Robbie Raeside
5. Dariusz Adamczuck
6. Jim McInally
7. John McGlashan
8. Dave Rogers
9. Iain Anderson
10. James Grady
11. Eddie Annand
Nicky Walker
Mark Haro
Billy Herd
Charlie King
Steve Ferguson
Franck Escalon
Roy McBain
Kenny Gilbert
Gerry Farrell
Derek Adams
Garry Wood

12. Steve McCormick
14. Derek Fleming
15. Craig Tully
Stuart Golabek
Alex Taylor
Jamie MacPherson

Craig Tully for Robbie Raeside (79)
Steve McCormick for James Grady (86)
Derek Fleming for John McGlashan (86)
Alex Taylor for Steve Ferguson (68)
Jamie MacPherson for Franck Escalon (80)

None. Billy Herd

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

Stuart Dougal (Burnside) (Referee)
Mike Ritchie (Macduff) & Paul Watson (Fochabers) (Assistants)

Match Report

Comeback pair Eddie Annand and Robbie Raeside came up trumps for new Dundee boss Jocky Scott last night as the Dark Blues ran away from Ross County to book a lucrative Tennents Scottish Cup quarter-final meeting with Rangers at Ibrox.

Scott, following the weekend draw in Dingwall, had called up Annand and Raeside, along with Dariusz Adamczuk, for this replay.

And the pair responded by grabbing the goals that ensured the manager's first home match in charge ended in a victory which, with the Rangers tie likely to be the subject of live TV coverage, promises to significantly boost the Dens Park coffers.

Dundee's first-half performance had been moderate to say the least but they found their fans in forgiving mood after Annand ended the longest scoring drought his career by netting in fine style with 50 minutes gone.

Raeside-playing his first match of the season-struck three minutes later and i Annand grabbed a second late on to KO the Highlanders.

"I thought we were very apprehensive in the first half, waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen." admitted Scott.

"However, the second half performance pleased me.

"Getting those two quick goals settled us down and we started to look more like what I want to see.

"Ibrox is going to be a great experience for us. Not many of the boys will have played there but there's no pressure on us and we will enjoy the day."

County manager Neale Cooper commented, "I don't think the score accurately reflects the game when you consider some of the chances we had in the first half.

"I think if we could have kept them out for longer after the interval it might have been a different game but the first goal changed it all and they started to play a bit better."

Dundee found Nicky Walker presenting an impenetrable barrier as they attempted to make a first-half breakthrough. Walker did well to touch an Annand cross out of the path of the onrushing John McGlashan and to beat away a close range.

lain Anderson effort from a tight angle. He was County's saviour again in stoppage time when he scrambled away a Brian Irvine header from a Dave Rogers free-kick.

But the men from the north if anything has the better of the opening period and might have will found themselves ahead at the interval.

They came desperately close after 14 minutes when Steven Ferguson got his head to a Gerry Farrell cross 12 yards out, only to see the ball rebound from the crossbar, hit the outstretched hand of keeper Robert Douglas and strike wood again before coming down the wrong side of the line.

And they were again out of luck shortly. before the break as Gary Wood headed Roy McBain free-kick just wide.

But, within eight minutes of the second half getting under way, they were 2-0 down and heading for the exit door as the Dark Blues finally got going.

Annand broke the deadlock with his first goal since November 15, latching on to a Barry Smith through pass, cleverly dummied by James Grady before unleashing a powerful left foot shot from the edge of the of area which Walker got his right hand to but could not keep out.

With County still coming to terms with falling behind, Raeside, who was completely out of favour under former boss John McCormack, headed home an Anderson corner to make a place in the last eight all but secure.

Annand completed the scoring 13 minutes from time when Billy Herd failed to deal with a ball from Grady, leaving the former Clyde and Partick Thistle hit man to slot past Walker.

Wood might have grabbed a consolation counter when a mishit Brian Irvine clearance fell at his feet. However, the ex Cowdenbeath man shot straight at Douglas.

Match report written by The Courier

Squad Statistics (as at February 17th, 1998)

1997-98 All Time
Robert Douglas (GK)25 30 - 30 -
Robbie Raeside - 11456
Barry Smith24 301951
Brian Irvine - 301301
Dave Rogers - 301301
John McGlashan - 8282
Iain Anderson - 30511016
Jim McInally - 271383
Dariusz Adamczuck - 28 - 912
James Grady26 30143014
Eddie Annand - 2983410
Derek Fleming (sub) - 19 - 19 -
Craig Tully (sub)22 11 - 41 -
Steve McCormick (sub)28 8484

League Table (as at February 17th, 1998)

No league table has been added for this season.

Manager's Programme Notes

Before commenting upon tonight's tie can I just say how delighted I am to be back at Dens Park.

I think that most people who know me, that because of my long and happy association with Dundee Football Club, I have always had a soft spot for them, so when I got the offer to take over the reigns again, I had no hesitation in accepting.

I sincerely hope that my second stint here is as successful as the first when we were an established Premier Division club.

Turning to my first game in charge and I think everyone knew before we headed north that it wouldn't be an easy tie and that was exactly how it turned out. County. put in a tremendous amount of effort to make it a typical cup tie in what they regarded as their cup final.

Naturally, we are all disappointed not to win in the end because we had plenty of efforts on goal. Unfortunately, we were up against 'keeper Nicky Walker in great form and passed up one or two excellent chances.

But whilst we may have been a little disappointed at the end, there are a lot of other clubs who will be distinctly envious of us because we are still in the competition and that is what counts in the Scottish Cup.

Now we must try and make home advantage count, hopefully. continuing to create the the same number of chances as we did on Saturday, but progress will only be achieved by converting a better percentage of these than last weekend.